Imperial Reference Cogitator

Thursday, October 15, 2020

I Sing The Dreadtober Electric

 Red Corsairs Helbrute Second Week




It may not look like much has changed since last week, but things are starting to come together with this Helbrute's paint scheme.  I think I have covered all the horns and spikes with Xandri Dust, thinking that a bone similar to my Deathwing units will work for those details.  The mutated muscles had Screamer Pink and Pink Horror painted over the shaded Mephiston Red that was the basecoat.  I'm hoping to be able to evoke a sort of exposed muscle look with the layering of pink on the red.  I shaded the texture paint on the base to tie the disparate (grass, rock, mud) areas of the turf together.  I'm glad this month is extra long because I feel like I'm going to need all the time I can get to cover all the tiny details on this model.  Check out all the other great projects at the Dreadtober site.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely coming together. Love the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DAM, I'm living vicariously through your 30K DA painting adventures, your Leviathan is looking as great as the other 1st Legion units you have been painting the last few months. I have a whole Imperial Fists army bought and planned out, I just need to assemble and paint it.

      Delete