Imperial Reference Cogitator

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Dreadtober WIP

 Red Corsair's Helbrute First Week's Progress


There is so much detail on this model, it can be a little intimidating when you first start to paint the Helbrute.  I'm trying to work with the base color of shaded Mephiston Red, painting layers right over it and using the combination of colors to try and achieve the colors I want for the many details.  Screamer Pink was painted on the fleshy mutated parts and Squib Orange was painted on the cable housings.  The base is finished from a construction standpoint, I added some small slate rocks from GW around the large rock piece he is standing on.  There was sand added and then painted green in a throwback style to tie it into the bases of my Red Corsairs marines who have classic Goblin Green bases.  Dreadtober rocks to be engaged in again and I can't wait to see what the other participants are working on.



2 comments:

  1. The color build up is coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DAM, I'm hoping it achieves the look I trying for, but if it really clashes I can just claim I planned it because... CHAOS!
      :-)

      Delete