Imperial Reference Cogitator

Monday, October 7, 2019

Dreadtober Week One

Part the First


Now that we got some origins out of the way, onto to the pictures of the models!





My dreadnought I'm painting this month is a Mark V Space Marine dreadnought, that I will paint in Dark Angels colors as befitting the title of this blog.  One of my blog goals is to actually figure out how to apply everything I've read over the years about photographing models and actually try and apply that knowledge to my pictures (i.e. stop taking them with my phone).  So hopefully the WIP photos will also be a WIP (that's Inception level stuff there) and they will improve over time.

I got the body of this Dread out of a bargain second hand miniatures bin at this year's Nova Open, for only $12 IIRC.  It's hard to tell from the pictures but I think it's a Deathwatch dreadnought.  He has the book and sword symbol of the Deathwatch on the left chest plate, and previously had the Inquisition I on the sarcophagus cover before I covered it with the Dark Angels specific sarcophagus cover.  If anyone is out there in reader land, was there a dreadnought in one of the Deathwatch boxed games of a few years back?  I could look that up but I'm too busy taking bad photos and writing blog posts.

He came with out arms, but since I have a unbuilt Mark IV and Venerable Dreadnought sitting in boxes waiting to be built, I had plenty of extra arms.  Plastic crack is a serious problem kids, if you have more than 10 unbuilt models in your hobby storage area you should really seek professional help.  Next update I'll feature some of the base painting in slightly better photos I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment