Imperial Reference Cogitator

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Dreadtober Week Four

Tales from the Dreadside


Boy am I glad there are five weeks in October this year.  Sliding in at the last minute with an update for tomorrow's weekly Dreadtober check in.







The shade coats are all finished on the main body.  Along with the shades, most of the detail colors have their first and in some cases second edge highlights completed as well.  Trying contrast paints on the pennant and the arm panel with the names of battles.  I have always loved the way the panels from the venerable dreadnoughts featured legendary conflicts but now that I'm using one I have no idea how to get the names to be in a different color without mind numbingly painstaking work with a tiny brush.




Still need to finish basecoating and shading the arms before moving on to the details.  The left arm is coming along nicely but I still have a lot of work to do on the right arm.  The rear torso and body are almost finished except for some highlights for the metallic areas.


I am really happy with the way the look of this model is turning out as it gets closer to completion.  Will need to put in some hours this weekend to make sure I'm finished before All Hallows Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment