Imperial Reference Cogitator

Friday, February 5, 2021

WH40K 2nd Edition Army Challenge January - Final Month

 4th Company Master and Techmarine


Continuing to milk my completion of the 2nd edition army challenge for content, these two awesome characters were my contribution for the last month of the 2nd Ed Challenge.  Besides being the character portion of the 1,000 points I painted for the challenge, these also rank as only the second and third character models I have painted for my Dark Angels army.  I have written about my intimidation towards painting character models in the past, so the completion of these two increases my fully painted HQ choices by 200%.  It was extremely satisfying to finish these models after owning them since 1999, but they did take me 30 days to get every detail the way I wanted it, so my prior anxiety about painting character models was not completely unfounded.  However looking at the finished products gives me no end of joy, and that's the whole purpose of this hobby for me, so mission accomplished.  I will post more detailed pictures and words about how I painted them in the future but for now I will just bask in the glow of project finished for one more day.  Thanks for reading and stay safe out there!



5 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the characters and I especially like the Dark Angels captain. It's a classic sculpt and you've really done it justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Spacecow! It was daunting to spend so much time on one miniature but I could see it was worth it when I finished.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, mate! I like how the banner on the Master turned out. I have been debating whether or not to use one on my version, as the helmet is already quite tall; but now I am not so sure because works so well on your's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc! I had the same internal debate about whether to use the banner. Until I actually drilled the backpack and attached the banner I couldn't get a accurate idea of how it would look. Even though the helmet is tall, the offset between the helmet and the backpack gives it a foreground/background look that I thought worked. I just wish I thought about that when I placed the transfers, the quarter I like the best is the one that is most obscured :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete