Imperial Reference Cogitator

Monday, February 8, 2021

Before The Craftworlds...

Tween Dreams...


As I first started exploring the world of Warhammer 40,000, before I even received my first box of plastic Imperial Space Marines, I used my saved allowance money to buy the Epic Eldar Legion box set.  The art on the box fascinated my twelve year old imagination and my tween self confidence thought I could easily master painting these models I had seen in my first issues of White Dwarf.  The realities of twelve year old impatience and limited skills meant that other than a few shaky tries at mimicking the above patterns on some grav tanks and the models were quickly put aside in favor of the RTB01 box set that I got for Christmas that year.  A few years later I would trade the contents of this box to a friend in high school who played Eldar in Epic in return for the Space Marine units that came in the Space Marine 2nd edition box set.  However just catching some of the box art online the other day reminded my how much my first encounters with the WH40K universe can still fire my imagination.  Thanks for reading, I'm off to look for plastic guardians on Ebay now ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment