Imperial Reference Cogitator

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Facebook Trading Groups Can Be A Dangerous Place

My Burgeoning Insanity 


The chaplain is on the sprue out of frame to the right.

I had been successful in resisting the siren call of Indomitus so far, the bikes didn't get me excited and I wasn't going to spend $200 plus to get the new rules and end up with a bunch of Necron stuff I was trying to find a home for.  However then social media struck a blow for the power of plastic crack.  While I was perusing my feed last Thursday, I saw a Facebook trading post minutes after it went online and the seller was in a town 30 minutes from me.  Usually I am hesitant to buy unless I see an amazing deal because dealing with extra costs for shipping can be a hassle and I'm waiting for the day when someone doesn't hold up there end of a deal negotiated on Facebook. However the seller was close enough to meet in person and was offering the parts of the box set I was most interested in. After some negotiating over messenger for some extra models not in the original offer, I was in a parking lot three hours later exchanging money for miniatures.  The crack comparisons are not unwarranted...

Follow along after the jump for a full accounting of the haul and a hobby challenge I need some advice on


Should I just paint over the clear plastic and try my hand at a NMM cockpit?  Or if I soak it in my usual stripper maybe I can get the body pieces to come apart?

On the bright side of purchasing madness, I got the ten Assault intercessors, Bladeguard, Lt with a shield, Primaris chaplain, ten Reivers, three Suppressors, three Inceptors, a Primaris Ancient, a Primaris sergeant, and the "as is" Stormraven flyer all for the same price as the Indomitus box set 

The Stormraven will take some work, besides the challenge illustrated in the photos, it also needs some weapons that fortunately exist in my bitz box and a solution for a missing rear hatch. Also on the lucky side I recently got a ton of tiny magnets so I can try my hand at magnetizing the assault cannons that will go on the turret. I never thought I needed a flyer but since it was less than half price and can carry twelve marines and a dreadnought...

Plastic crack is a real problem kids 😆

I’m not one to question others hobby methods but if you go to the trouble of not glueing the turrets, bolters and hatch so they still move, why glue shut a cockpit with a loose model in it

No comments:

Post a Comment