Imperial Reference Cogitator

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Codex Titanicus!

Because...          Awesome!

Ahhh, the long ago days when Space Wolves armour was actually grey with not a hint of blue in it...



Being immersed in all things Epic for the last few months, it occurred to me recently that I had been holding onto a copy of Codex Titanicus that some kind person had gifted me many years ago.  The gifting happened so long ago, I can't remember who had given it to me and it what capacity, other than it being a fellow gamer who passed it along in a, "Here's a thing I don't need anymore for that long dead game I know you enjoy" sort of way.  At the time I received it I'm sure I paged through and ogled all the amazing art and painted miniatures.  I think at one point I had read all the short fiction pieces inside it, but other than being an eldritch and valuable part of my lore horde it has sat unused on the shelf for many years.  However now that I am neck deep in painting miniatures for this long retired game I have been referring back to the 'Eavy Metal pictures and color plates inside for painting inspiration.  Since this book was released unbound for the purposes of adding it to a three ring binder its perfect for scanning the beauty and ripe imagination of its pages to share with my few intrepid readers.  Pages from the book will pop up from week to week to replace some of my current features that are on hiatus for wont of material due to the slow walking march of apocalypse all of us in the states seemed doomed to endure.  Enjoy!

1 comment: