Imperial Reference Cogitator

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Scenic Distractions VII

Walk Up And Down Outside The Wall



For some reason I have an obsession with painting bricks the brickety-brickest red I can achieve.  Is this because I grew up in a series of three different brick houses?  If I had grown up in the Southwest would all my scenery be adobe structures like the old 2nd edition Ork huts?



I always wondered why half the RT era Imperial Guard were crouching all the same way but apparently it was to take cover behind ruined wall sections of exactly this height.


Another great piece of scatter terrain I got in my Christmas time order from Spellcrow miniatures in Poland.  The level of detail on this simple ruined building corner is fantastic and would work as easily in WWII as the 41st millennium.  They are a good height to block LOS in Kill Team, WH40K and probably many other games.  The colors I managed to achieve on the slate and the brick made me happy but the color of the plaster on the reverse side didn't quite hit what I was aiming for, more stained brown than the stained white I was trying to create.   I'll probably get another chance to hit the right color since I will get another one of these next time I order from them, especially with all the new terrain possibilities coming in 9th edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment