Imperial Reference Cogitator

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Twelve Days Of Deathwing - Day Nine

 Dark Vengeance Is A Dish Best Served Cold, Like At Least Six Years Cold 




Today's slightly blurry picture features the closest I've come to fulfilling my dream of even fielding Deathwing miniatures in the recent past.  I got back into the hobby in earnest in 2014 coincidentally at the same time the Dark Vengeance box set came out to kick off seventh edition.  At the time these gorgeously sculpted, Deathwing specific Terminators blew my mind; having not been in contact with the game ,other than Black Library novels, since the end of 3rd edition around 2000.  I was really impressed by the strides GW had made with push to fit models in the 14 years I hadn't played the game.  As you can see from the pictures above I started painting these models straight away, but the combination of patience needed to achieve a layered bone white look along with my rusty painting skills from years away from the hobby table led to me stalling out and painting all the other Dark Angels models in the box instead.  
Coming back to them with a mass Deathwing project on the table these will probably be the first models I finish off since they are 60 percent of the way there already.  I need to rethink some wacky ideas I had a few years ago, primary among them my odd colored purity seal scrolls.  At the time I was baffled how I was going to paint two different whites next to each other and not have them be indistinguishable.   There will also be some shuffling around of a miniature or two because I think I can field a five man squad with chainfists if I transfer the chap carrying one in this unit to another unit that already has two marines with chainfists.  Thanks for following along and click on the Deathwing tab above if you want to see the current scope of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment