Imperial Reference Cogitator

Monday, November 16, 2020

Thursday Night Legion Lights

 Or Star Wars Under The Stars...


My gaming friend made his own Endor tree trunks with poster tubes, modeling clay, and a lot of brown paint.

The Stormtroopers advance slowly under the Endor trees, wary of being crushed by large rolling logs.

Thanks to mild fall weather here on the east coast of the US, I have been able to play some in person games outside on my neighbors back porch.  He only started painting miniatures a little over 18 months ago but he already has a massive Legion collection that is really nicely painted, especially for someone relatively new to the hobby.  He has his patio illuminated in a manner that makes these pictures look like they were taken during the day, even though it was actually 10pm.   Legion is so much fun to play, there is something magical about getting to play a game with a great looking army that would have blown your mind when playing with Star Wars action figures as a kid.  This situation is also ideal when you already have mounds of grey plastic for other gaming systems at home in need of paint.  My friend bought two armies and painted them all himself so I can just show up and enjoy an amazing looking game with out adding to the long list of things I need to paint.



These tree hills look really fantastic, and blend very well into the gaming mat my friend uses for the board.



Legion uses these tokens to track which units have been activated and they also help determine the order in which you activate your units.

Apologies for the slightly blurry photos, I didn't have time or my normal setup to get a really good picture of my friend's work.  



No comments:

Post a Comment