Imperial Reference Cogitator

Saturday, November 21, 2020

#DadGoals Dawn Of War

 In The Grim Darkness Of The Far Future...

My greatest nemesis... Unpainted terrain in the foreground of game photos.

As a measure of the long and winding road between reality and when I manage to complete a thought and post it, this latest #Dadgoals commemorates my 10 year old's first official game of WH40K that we played way back in late August.  We kept it very simple, just two troops units and an HQ on each side and we played the Patrol mission from the Dark Imperium box set with a slight alteration to the deployment since we only had three units per side.  Also in the interest of ease of first game play, we used the at this point well worn 8th edition rules.  I still need to learn 9th edition rules myself and it was nice to teach game rules that fit on one four fold card.  As usual with any of our match-ups my son won the game, but I may have mercifully forgotten to rapid fire a plasma gun a few turns in a row so as not to dishearten him by wiping out too many of his models in a turn.  He had a lot of fun and we will probably play some more games this winter after our current addiction to Blood Bowl wears off.  Follow along after the jump for some more pics of the action...




My son's forces consisted of a Chaos Lord, 10 Cultists, and 10 Chaos Space Marines.

The field of battle at deployment, it does give me some satisfaction to see the amount of terrain I've painted since the last time I posted game photos on this blog.



The cultists quickly occupy the high ground forcing my combat squad to advance across the board under threat from the guns of the Chaos fanatics.


Although the Chaos Cultists were whittled down by the fire of the implacable advance of the 1st Legion, they were soon replaced by heretic Astartes arriving from Reserves.

Interrogator-Chaplain Sarpedon is felled by the fire from the Chaos Space Marines, ending the game.




No comments:

Post a Comment