Imperial Reference Cogitator

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Genestealer Attack!

Roots Of Madness

I spent so much time staring at this picture when I was twelve.  I had never seen such a detailed multi-level diorama that told a story with so much drama and action in stationary models.




To show how much my fascination with the lore of WH40K as illustrated in the many works of the GW studio and 'Eavy Metal permeated my mind almost constantly as a teen, I found this sketch the other day that I drew when I was 12.  This would have been around the winter spring of 91-92 as I was really immersing myself in any GW material I could get my hands on and definitely the result of hours spent staring at the above diorama which was featured on the back of a How To Paint Citadel Miniatures guide that sadly is no longer in my collection.   Is it the random luck of the dicing universe this sketch came back to the forefront of my attention in relative proximity to the time when I found a mediocre picture of that classic diorama on Facebook?  Like the Tootsie Roll pop, the world may never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment