Imperial Reference Cogitator

Monday, June 29, 2020

Epic Proportions Third Unit Completed

2nd Land Raider Squadron, 1st Company Support "The Drake's Teeth"


The first unit I finished in June was some tank support for the veteran infantry company.



My second attempt at fireballs on the vehicles at least got the color order of fire correct, but trying to get the shape looking good was difficult.  However I never would have attempted much freehand work in the past so it's fun to gently push my painting skills with a challenge like this one.  I also painted the panel under the lascannon yellow and then placed the tiny squadron vehicle numbers there.  It was quite a trick, fortunately the Solvaset is great at getting the decal to shrink into place.

Since I don't have enough Land Raiders for a whole company, I used the company color of black shoulder pauldrons on the hatch doors.  The larger decal of two for the second squadron designation is on the right side hatch doors.


2 comments:

  1. That is some stellar work right there. I love how both you and Jonas manage to tie it all together with the swmall icons on the tanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Dr, one of my favorite parts of Epic was the squadron and unit markings that Heavy Metal conjured up when painting the studio armies that were carried over into WH40K eventually.

      Delete