Imperial Reference Cogitator

Friday, April 10, 2020

WIP Battletech

Giant Robots!



Green and Gold is the color scheme you end up with when your gaming group is made up of too many William and Mary graduates...



Battletech is another of my lifelong loves and my gaming group had only gotten two games into a campaign right before lockdown 2020 happened.  We have found an innovative way to keep it going which I will post on next week but until then I'm including a WIP Mech that is the current ride of one of my lance mates.  This Griffin is from the Battletech 2nd Edition box set that I bought off the off the Games/Hobby shelf of a Waldenbooks wayyyy back in 1992.  That was my first introduction to the game but I was immediately hooked and it has remained one of my favorite games and background settings, second only to WH40K.  I stripped his very old and unskilled paint job I had applied long ago and now I'm repainting him and his lance mates in the colors requested by my weekly gaming group.  Using the Dark Angels Green contrast paint, and honestly I know this wasn't GW's intent but contrast paint works great on Battlemechs.  It settles into the many recesses and skips you right to the step of drybrushing which is the heart of most Mech painting.  I used Soulstone Blue from the short-lived gem colors paints from GW for the cockpit and I really like the glossy effect that it gives.  More on the subject of Battletech to follow in the future...

2 comments:

  1. I love Griffins! Cool old school miniature as well. My gaming group is playing a PBM at the moment and just started experimenting with MegaMek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marc, it warms my heart to hear someone is still playing something PBM I haven't though about that format in a long time. Also trying to figure out Megamek, will have to report some results in the future.

    ReplyDelete