Imperial Reference Cogitator

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Inquistional Conclave 2021 - Complete!

Tharok Radron, Ordo Malleus 

Inquisitors Radron and Ryloth lead their retinues through an imperial outpost that has suffered some nature of extradimensional attack.


The Second Annual Inquisitional Conclave has completed for this year and I am happy to report I was able to finish my contribution in time.  Tharok Radron was chosen as a moniker by following the naming convention I conjured up last year.  It's based on who the model's appearance most reminds me of combined with a surname representing a planet from their narrative universe.  That's a complicated way to say I named this guy Tharok Radron because his half cybernetic face reminded me of Tharok from the Fatal Five, who happened to be from the planet Radron in the LOSH's version of DC's 31st Century.

This somewhere in 4th/5th edition 40K Inquisitor was a great find on Ebay being both affordable as well as being an attractive sculpt.  I wanted to use some similar colors to what I used on Inquistor Ryloth last year while also differentiating his scheme enough that it fit with whatever my imagination thought should be the difference in dress between Ordos of The Inquisition.  The original sculpt was missing a hand so it was a great opportunity to add a 2nd edition Hand Flamer, which seemed narratively fitting as being a good weapon for burning out unclean specters of the warp.  


I was happy with the way most of the final paint job wrapped up.  The shading on the robes, coat, and cape looked good and this was the first time I tried painting individual wires different colors (specifically on his Luke Skywalker like cybernetic left hand).  I short-cutted the face and the lettering on the bottom of the coat with Contrast Paints and was satisfied to see they turned out well if unspectacular.  The power sword is fine but I still can't replicate any of the techniques I have seen in many power weapon painting videos so they continue to be something I need to practice.  Be sure to check out the post that sums up all the great entries of the Conclave over at the Neverness Hobby Chronicle.  Thanks for reading and stay safe out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment