Imperial Reference Cogitator

Monday, April 26, 2021

#DadGoals - Office Space

Doomsday Comes To The Office Park


During a rainy afternoon last week we played my daughter's first game of Heroclix.  She has had a collection of the figures since her brother and I used to play the game frequently a few years ago.  When I would go on clix buying sprees with my son we would always pick up one or two for her so she felt included.  All of her clix are female super heroes and from a mixture of the DC and Marvel universes.  Since my son is super competitive, my daughter really dislikes competitive games so I knew I needed to tweak the normal game for her to be interested.  Follow along after the jump for more pictures and the solution...

Earth-2's Hawkgirl takes on Deathstroke as Colleen Wing and Tigra move through the office complex.

Knowing that my daughter prefers cooperative games, I told each kid to pick 100 points of heroes and I did as well.  Then we picked 300 points of villains for the three of us to team up against.  No one played turns for he villains, we just had them attack when heroes moved into LOS and range.   

Here's your next DC movie: Batman vs Deathstroke and Deadshot!

We played through six or seven turns before her eight year old attention span dictated a quick wrap up to the scenario.  It was fun to find a way for her to be interested in the game by playing alongside her brother rather than competing against him.  I recently picked up Castle Panic at a used book store to have another cooperative game for her to try her hand at playing along with the whole family.  Thanks for following along and stay safe out there.

The dastardly Doomsday guards the hostages while Deathstroke and Deadshot take on the heroes.



Matter Eater Lad performs his most vital function: eating through the walls of the office complex. 

In a surprising turn Rainbow Raider battles on the side of good in an attempt to rescue the hostages.


No comments:

Post a Comment