Imperial Reference Cogitator

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Imperium of Man Banners!

 Banner Pages Debut Entry 

I've got to find a way to include that crazy ass early Ravenwing banner in my Dark Angels army somewhere...

 

My recent foray into the Inquisitional Conclave led to me discovering I had an untapped resource on my bookshelf that may be helpful for the hobby community at large.  For many years I have owned an incomplete copy of the Rogue Trader Chapter Approved which was fun for the lore contained in the pages that were complete, but I had always seen it as a disappointment overall because all of the nascent Imperial army lists that should have been in there were missing due to GW's infamous problems with bindings falling apart on their early sourcebooks.  While scanning in some pages as part of my ongoing Codex Titanicus entries I decided to take another flip through that book to see if there was anything worth scanning since thanks to the aforementioned binding issues there were many loose pages ripe for scanning within.  Much to my delight I found that not only was the full color catalogue at the back complete, the bottom of every page contained at least five or six banners for the factions that existed in the early Rogue Trader era.  I was especially excited to find an Inquisitors banner that was perfect for my conclave entry but the wealth of banners went on for pages and I know from my own internet searches that sometimes finding reliable quality scans of these old resources can be difficult.  

 

So I am going to start publishing a scan a week, or maybe more on slow weeks, as the beginnings of a scan for the masses project.  The until now unused pages function of my blog will be utilized to keep all these in one place for hobbyists to easily find when they want to reference these pictures or print them out for cut and paste use like the olden days of banner making.   I have many issues of the old WD and a string of codexes running all the way back to third edition WH40K and once I'm through with the RT Chapter Approved I will be combing my large collection for more banner related resources.  Hopefully this will be useful for someone out there and as always, thanks for reading.


Book of the Astronomican FCover.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment