Imperial Reference Cogitator

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The #DadGoals Menace

My son and I got in another game of Kill Team to close out winter break and he beat me again!  We finally played a scenario out of the Kill Team rulebook and the game seemed to be going in my favor for the first four turns.  However with his usual uncanny dice rolling he took four of my marines out of action in the fifth turn and pulled ahead in victory points.  More on my defeat after the jump, along with some pictures to document the occasion...

The plain white primer bunker and barricade in the left foreground drove me so crazy in these pictures I spent most of January painting them...




Focus tokens  from X-wing make good stand ins for "Ready" markers for Kill Team.
That damn heavy bolter in the tower caused me no end of casualties, why did Revenge of the Sith teach my son about high ground?  Damn you Lucasssssssss!!!

Veteran Sergeant Azreath directly engages the Beserker Champion of the Chaos warband, who will triumph?!
Although now that I think about it he did want to alter the scenario to add VPs being awarded for enemies taken out of action.  At his age I would have loved to be playing tabletop games as well as getting to play out what ever rules variations I dreamed up while reading and rereading issues of White Dwarf.  So I usually honor his scenario modifications in the spirit of letting him be the young gamer I always wanted to be but maybe I'm getting hustled here.  He does seem to be preternaturally prescient at tweaking scenarios just enough that he always comes out ahead...

At least I only lost by one victory point...

#Dadgoals courtesy of (Jerod)imusPrime at the Battle Mallet Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment